Athletic Hall of Fame
The Athletic Hall of Fame was established to honor athletes, coaches and community members who have made extraordinary contributions to our Golden Eagles athletic programs. By honoring positive role models, we hope to inspire today’s students to strive for personal and professional excellence.
Each spring, a new class of inductees is honored at an awards dinner. Winners are also listed on a plaque at Wahlert Catholic High School as well as on our website.
- Special Mention
Criteria for Nomination
- Nominees must have graduated from Wahlert or have given significant service to the success of the Wahlert Catholic High School athletic program.
- Nominees must have experienced excellence at Wahlert Catholic High School or beyond at a college, amateur or professional level.
- Student-athlete nominees must have been out of high school for at least five years.
- Coach nominees must have been retired two years or more from the sport for which he or she is being nominated.
- The "special" category was created to honor those who do not fall under the coaches or athletes categories but who have made significant contributions to the Wahlert Catholic athletic program.
Past Hall of Fame Awardees
2010 - Robert Anderson, Jr.; Peggy Anderson; Bill Burbach; Ted Burgmeier; Ed Colbert; Charles Cross; Pat Dowd; Barb (Kunnert) Stoffel; Gene Pierotti; Laura Jo (Rodham) Purcell; and Rachael Rogers
2011 - Ted Burbach; Denny Conlon; Emil Danner; Ed Feyen; Janine (Gremmel) Smith; Heidi (Heiar) Sutter; Tom Keating; Kelly (Scherr) McClure; and Michael P. Walsh
2012 - Phil Bazelides; John Bierie; Greg Burbach; Frank P. Delany, Jr.; Wil Kelly; Tiffany (Treanor) Pins; and Ashley Rogers
2013 - Tom Danner; Tom & Mary Feltes; Michael Fitzgerald; John Kriebs; Mary Catherine Mullen; Bernie O'Connor; and Michael A. Walsh
2014 - Tim Burbach; Trudy Henkels Hancock; M. LaVonne Kaiser; Meggan Ruth Kohnen Oeth; John Kunnert; and Heidy Pemsl LaFluer
2015 - Andy Curoe; Ryan Dolan; Tanya Henkels Fields; Darleen Lavacek Ketelsen; Dale Leibfried; and Bob Varley
2016 - Tony Burbach; Brad Burgmeier; Mary Bridget Corken Deutsch; Jonathan Frommelt; Jim Fuerstenberg; and Jen McFadden
2017 - Kayla Banwarth; Aaron Brant; Teddy Jo Faley; TJ Leicht; Sara Loetscher; Eric May; Samantha (Reimer) Teply
2017 Athletic Hall of Fame
Saturday, March 25, at The Grand River Center. Cocktails begin at 5:30 p.m., with dinner at 6:30 p.m. and a program to follow. Tickets are $30 for adults and $12 for children (under 12), available through March 15. Reservations can be made through the Wahlert Catholic High School Athletic Department, 563-582-5456.
How to Make a Nomination
To nominate someone you know in the Athletic Hall of Fame, use the link below to download a nomination form. Mail, fax or email your nomination form using the contact information listed below. 2017 nomination forms are due Jan. 13, 2017.
Athletic Hall of Fame Nomination Form
Wahlert Catholic High School Athletics
c/o Hall of Fame Selection Committee
2005 Kane St.
Dubuque, IA 52001
Mary Jo Brant, Administrative Assistant for Athletics
p. (563) 583-9771, Ext. 231
f. (563) 583-9775