Each of Holy Family’s supporting parishes provides a Scrip program that essentially provides free money for tuition assistance.
How It Works
- Each parish purchases gift cards or certificates from an extensive list of participating area businesses at a discounted rate.
- You can purchase those certificates at face value to businesses you already frequent.
- The participating vendors from which you patronized using your Scrip certificates will in turn give back a designated percentage (typically between 2 and 15 percent) to the parish.
- Of that designated percentage, 75% goes towards tuition credit for your family while the parish receives 25%.
- The parish will forward your benefit dollars straight to our central office to be used for your tuition assistance.
Your family and friends who purchase Scrip can also designate their benefit dollars to your family for tuition assistance.
Scrip In Action
Let's pretend you purchased from your parish $100 in Scrip to your favorite restaurant, which is set up to give back 4 percent to the parish. The restaurant will give $4 to your parish; then, your parish will give 75 percent of that $4 profit to you for tuition. That's $3 you got for free. What do you have to lose?
It Adds Up!
In the 2012–2013 school year, 370 families took advantage of the Scrip program, with an average of $189.65 in tuition earnings. The most one family earned was $2,273! With a little extra planning, you can help yourself defray the cost of your child's education all while helping your parish!